Thursday, August 25, 2011

Two weeks - Oh my!

As I am sitting here in my office awaiting my next client - which is also my last client before I take a month of maternity leave - I am reminded of the fact that in two short weeks (or sooner) I am going to be a parent. The little girl that loves to kick and squirm will be in my arms and not in my belly!

It alternates from being real to be surreal..... never having gone through this before you just have no idea what to expect.... there are so many questions, so many things that I want to be sure I say to her and do for her, but at the same time it is overwhelming and exciting.

Over the last two months people have been asking if I was ready.... ready, really?  Is one ever fully ready for their life to be completely turned upside down, around, and back again?  No I wasn't ready when the questions started coming..... am I ready now?  Well not sure if I would call myself ready but I feel that now that the nursery is done for the most part - I am as close to ready as I will be.

Here are some things that I am ready for:
1.  I am ready to hold my little girl in my arms and hug and kiss her all the time - instead of feeling totally weird as I talk to her through my belly!!!
2.  I am ready for Joel to get to feel her move all the time instead of just when I call him over and make him watch my belly move.
3.  I am ready to put on her little clothes that have been patiently waiting in my closet for the last three months.
4.  I am ready to be able to see my toes again :)
5.  I am ready to see what she looks like.... as an adoptee you go through life not having anyone to look like you.... so I am hoping she will at least have one or two of my features.

Here are some things I am not ready for:
1.  I am not ready for the surgery knowing I will be completely out and when I wake up I will be a parent
2.  I am not ready for the high possibility that I will have an MS relapse sometime in the next three months.
3.  I am not ready to stay in the hospital for four days (I have never stayed the night before)
4.  I am not ready to go to the hospital yet because I still have 40 thank yous to write from my shower!
5.  I am not ready, but totally trusting that God is in control and he will give me what I need to raise this beautiful precious child to grow up to love, honor, and serve Jesus Christ.

There you have it!  My two week thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment