Friday, August 19, 2011

A Day in the Nursery



It was so nice today to spend the whole day getting things together for the nursery..... though it is not completely done yet - I feel so much better knowing that we have most things in place.  As we were putting our curtains up yesterday we realized that I had purchased 4 curtains - however one of them was 20 inches shorter than the others - and the worst part was that I just threw the packaging away on Monday.  I did well though - even though I was frustrated that I couldn't finish the curtains that night - I didn't cry!!! Moral victory for me!!!

So today I filled the drawers of the dresser and put the books on the shelf.  I also put together the mobile and the light.

All along I had been planning to put a verse on the wall.  Initially I was going to use a verse about sheep since that was part of our theme, but it just didn't speak to me as a life verse for our little girl - so after talking to some YM friends we chose the verse from Zephaniah 3:17 - though it was much longer - it has great meaning and I am so excited to teach her this verse.

I was thinking about having a friend help me cut it out on a cricut with vinyl letters, but as the day went on I just felt as though it was something I wanted to do - so tonight I got out my paintbrush and painted it on the wall.  Surprisingly enough it took me less than an hour.

I am hoping to get a few more things finished tomorrow so then the next couple weeks I can just sit back and relax (haha or maybe finish working on the rest of the house)  If you want to see more pictures of the nursery you can check out my facebook page.


1 comment:

  1. Jana this is so beautiful!! Your baby girl is so blessed to have you as her mommy : ) You wrote that verse out for me on a notecard my freshman year at Bucknell (5 years ago!!!) and it is right on my bulletin board in my room for me to look at daily. Love you!

    ReplyDelete