Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A Good Reminder

Today started off pretty well!  I got to sleep in a bit then headed to Selinsgrove to do some coupon shopping!  Everything that I got was not only on sale but I had at least one or two coupons for each - that was a very good feeling - in fact at CVS I got a 92 count pack of diapers for 8.99 plus then got 3 dollars in extra bucks back - so it was really only 5.99!  That was my proud moment for the day!

I had lunch with my BFF Jeanne for her birthday - always a blessing to spend time with her.  And along the way I got to see some other fine folks, Aimee, Kendra and Jeff, and Kate - it was a happy morning for me!

Despite having a headache once again all was going well emotionally anyway!  So I headed home to unload the groceries and realized I had forgotten my new meds (I will just be honest here - I wasn't in too much of a hurry to get them other than the fact I was supposed to start them today).  So back to Mt. Pleasant Mills I went and waited as they got my order together.  (Funny thing about my new injections - they aren't prefilled so I have to fill each one the the correct amount - but our insurance will cover the medicine, but not the syringes - how crazy is that???)  Anyway - I got my stuff and decided that Tucker and I needed some ice cream - yes - I mean needed!!!  So off to Cruisers we went!

On the way home from Cruiser's the doctor's office called - I was assuming it was my test results, but I was wrong.... the date they had scheduled us for our c-section was not available and we would have to switch days.... which also meant switching doctors.... I was devistated - the only part about our whole experience yesterday that brought me peace and joy was knowing we were going to have my favorite doctor who knows us and my case really well...... just kidding!  Now we are scheduled for a day later with a doctor who we have seen however we felt very disconnected from.  Let's just say her bed side manner left a little to be desired.

So in the midst of changing our date for delivery the also had to change all our appointments - it was so overwhelming and we just started telling me when we had to come in - I was so frustrated - It was all I could do to not cry on the phone.

Though the lady was just doing her job and following her directions I was so frustrated by her lack of care that once again all my plans had changed and ahhhhhhh!

Once again the crying pregnant woman returned - all I could do was lay on the bed and cry - then of course Joel wasn't home yet which I thought he would be so that upset me - poor guy!

So I guess this is where I get to the title of my blog.... a good reminder.  My sister sent me a text asking about our delivery date and I told her briefly about the change and I was frustrated.  So she asked me why I didn't care for the new doctor we had been assigned to and I replied - no people skills - though she is one of the best surgeons (which is true - but of course emotional me could not look at that fact at the time) and Jill said - you know Dad's heart surgeon had no people skills but she saved his life!

How true!  Maybe this is just another way that God is providing protection for myself and the baby - a surgery is a high risk for me so maybe having this woman as my doctor is just what God intended..... or maybe I will go into labor next week and whoever is on call will have to do an emergency c-section.

Oh and just so you know - I did get my Maalox - and it was on sale plus I had a coupon!!!  That was also part of the good day segment!

My goal tomorrow is to have a happy story about our nursery almost being complete - so stay tuned!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment