Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Week 30 Check Up

Today we headed to Lewisburg for our 30 week check for the baby.  We are getting into the routine of going now every two weeks.  I am so thankful that I have a husband who is able to go with me.... if nothing else he is always entertaining to the nurses, midwives and doctors.... he sometimes gets to be a little much for me - but I figure if he can put up with my mood swings - I can put up with his silliness!!!

The visit went well - pretty typical - they measure you to make sure the baby is growing and they check for the heartbeat, go over test results, ask you some questions and they send you home.  Well today - we talked about my three hour test results which one nurse said was normal and the other said it was not.... and guess what they were both correct!  I passed which is awesome!  However, my sugar can drop really quickly so I need to always carry a snickers bar - no joke that is what she said - I love snickers too so that makes me really happy!!!  But is also explains why I got so sick going home from the test last week.

Then she checked my measurements - which were at 30 weeks - perfect!  Then she checked the heartbeat and said I have a mover - but her heart rate was great too.  Then she was feeling around to see if she could feel the position of the baby and said - I can't seem to find her head!  So then I turned into the comedian and said - well maybe she is missing hers.... okay not funny at all!  She said well we should probably do an ultrasound to check her position but I don't want to take up your time today.... so Joel responds - oh it is no problem if you want to do one today - we would be happy to stay longer.

So she did - and it was confirmed that she is breech - she has several weeks to turn so we aren't worried at this point.  I figured she was still that way since she seems to enjoy doing jumping jacks on my bladder.   Also in case you were concerned - she does have a head it is just up under my ribs which was why she couldn't feel it.

The only other weird thing is I have mole that has changed in the last week and the midwife said I need to get it removed - so add that to the list of weird things that happen to me while pregnant!  All in all a great visit - fun to see our little one - even though she was hiding her face with her hands!

1 comment:

  1. When I was pregnant with my second son, I started growing these odd marks on both of my eyelids near the bridge of my nose. :-/ My doc said they were nothing to worry about and they stayed the same until I became pregnant with my third son! Then they grew more during that pregnancy. :-/ To top it off, I can't have them removed unless we pay completely out of pocket because it is considered cosmetic. I get asked what they are by tons of kids. The weird things that happen to our bodies.... Glad to hear you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete