Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Bana Returns on a Blizzard Fiasco

I have always joked that every person has an evil twin - and their name is your name switched out with a B - however if your name starts with a B then you just drop it.  So my evil twin is Bana.  Bana usually stays pretty quiet - however pregnancy has caused her to rear her ugly head.

Last night was a good example of Bana taking over my life.  I have been craving Dairy Queen Blizzards with Reeses Pieces.  So last night on the way home from camp - my saint of a husband stopped for me to get my fill.  Well - the store in Mt. Union PA does not have Reeses Pieces - so that through me for a loop - not to worry though I was not mean or upset with the lady at the counter I was just very disappointed and then took the next 5 minutes to come up with a new option for a flavor I was craving.  You would think that would be easy but when you have your mind made up - it is very difficult.

Also you have to take into consideration that sometimes the toppings change the flavor of the ice cream... and I don't really care for chocolate flavored ice cream so..... I went with the Turtle Blizzard that was to have choc. pieces, pecans, and some carmel - swirl in their thick vanilla ice cream - which I love.

I got my blizzard and started out the door - then I looked at it - it was soupy - it didn't look like ice cream or a blizzard but a cup of chocolate slop.  I tasted it hoping that my eyes were deceiving me - however they were not - it was a flop of a blizzard - it tasted nothing like ice cream.  So then the ten minute (minimum) rant began - how could she do that - don't they have to flip them upside down to show that they are think and smooth..... don't they know I was craving this - I just want ice cream!  Seriously - anger and tears - over ice cream.

My husband - just bit his lip knowing full well that I was just being emotionally unstable and completely irrational.  I was so mad!  Over ice cream - yes I am very embarrassed to admit that, but it is true.  Then all I could think about was how much I wanted that ice cream the whole way home.....

Then Joel being the loving guy he is stopped at the Lewistown Dairy Queen to try to make me happy - they too did not have Reeses Pieces (which is so weird because I have never been to a DQ that didn't have them) so I just got a vanilla cone - to which I was very happy but also felt horribly guilty that I had behaved so poorly to my husband - so as I ate my cone I cried!

It was a bit of a rough ride home!  But the night got worse - I was up all night long sick - no sure if it was the ice cream, the "turtle soup" or just a bug - I said to Joel I hope God is not punishing me because my attitude was so rotten - he just laughed and said I am sure He is not!

No comments:

Post a Comment