Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Third Trimester! Wahoo!!!!

It is hard to believe that I am finally in my third trimester....while laying in bed for much of my first trimester - it seemed this day would never come, second trimester was just as many people said - really nice for the most part.  The morning sickness went away - I was off bed rest, I felt pretty good, not a lot of swelling at that point, and best yet - I started to feel her move which is so reassuring!

Now it is the third and final trimester - which means approximately 12 weeks until our little one arrives.  I have a feeling in some ways it will fly by and in other ways it will be a long hot summer.  There are a couple things that I have noticed already in this final trimester....

1.  Mood swings - I know - doesn't that describe all of us as women.... well I had my moments during the last two trimesters but it seems that is has gotten worse in the last week.  Every little thing bothers me or annoys me.  People say things and it frustrates me.  I cry because my belly isn't round enough.... I mean really - this alone could make for a long 12 weeks.

2.  Acid Reflux - In the past I have had minor issues with this - but in the last two weeks - wow!  Waking up from a dead sleep because I can't swallow - yuck!  Tums and Maalox are gross but I suffer through them just for some minor relief.

3.  Leg Cramps - Seriously it feels like someone is taking my calf muscles and tying them together and pulling them while I am trying to sleep - seriously what is up with all these things stealing my sleep - does my body not know that soon a baby will be here and I will be getting now sleep??

4. Clothes - I thought maternity clothes were made to grow with you..... well for some reason some of mine are already grown out of many of them and there are no more sizes to go up to - I guess I will just wear my sundresses all summer to every event!

5.  Looking the part - there is no doubt now that I look pregnant - now the strangers have started the belly rubbing.  I guess I should just get used to it.  But at least I don't just look overweight - it is mostly in my belly so far - praying that I don't get cankles but I am not going to hold my breath!

6.  No More rings - my wedding rings had to come off this week.... I was holding off as long as I could but I was told - it is better to take them off now then have to have them get cut off - true!!!  So off they came!

7.  More Appointments - I am now on the every other week doctor visit schedule - tomorrow I go to have a check up as well as blood work, and the fun glucose test that I have heard such fun (not really) stories about.

Okay - that is my little rant on the first week of the third trimester!  I am enjoying my air conditioning!  Praise God for that!

1 comment:

  1. Dearest Jana,
    I love reading about your baby adventures! congratulations on being in the third trimester! I will be praying that you feel peace and also rejuvenation as your body changes as you are carrying your precious baby girl into this world! Love you! Kylie

    ReplyDelete