Saturday, June 4, 2011

Coming Home clothes

The joy of knowing what you are going to have is picking out clothes for the baby ahead of time,  the hard part is having no idea how big or small she will be, and also not having any clue when it comes to having our own baby!

Many people like the surprise of not knowing but as a planner - it has been fun to know and prepare and pray specifically for a little girl.  As much as I love to plan - it has been a very hard thing to pick out an outfit to bring her home from the hospital.  I don't really feel the need to go out and shop for tons of clothes because I know we will be getting some cute outfits as gifts - in fact the only outfit I really wanted to pick out was her coming home dress.

I have been looking for about a month now, and it seems like I had something in mind but couldn't find anything anywhere.  This was my thought - I wanted something that was clean and fresh looking - a white or light color.  I wanted something that wasn't covered with pink.  I wanted something cute and feminine but not a sleeper or something like that.  I wanted something that would be comfortable and easy to put on (many mom's mentioned the easy to put on factor).  Something simple yet cute!

I was so excited today to finally get to look with Joel along - now if you know him - you will know he doesn't really have strong opinions and will usually just say whatever I like is fine but I wanted him to help with this and that he did and I love the choice we made.

Now all we have to get is a little bonnet or hat and some cute socks and we are all set.

This is the front of the dress

This is the back of the dress with a little white bow and yellow flower

It may be a little big on her but if my mom is correct and we have an 8 pound baby it should fit perfectly!  

1 comment: