Sunday, November 6, 2011

2 Month Meltdown

My closet is full but my options are empty!!!  So on Saturday I ventured into my closet to find something to wear to a special service at our church which I was leading music for.   I wanted to wear something a little nicer than jeans but not super dressy - so I would say it was khaki and nice shirt type of night.  I went into my closet and found a pair of khakis and noticed an array of shirts to choose from (yes I am one of those ladies that when I find a shirt that I like and it fits me and it is on sale - I buy all the colors available)  I put on the pants, though they were tighter than I would have liked - they fit me and I figured I could just cover up my baby pouch with one of my many long sleeve shirts - WRONG!!!  I put on the first shirt..... didn't fit - too short.  Put on the second shirt - didn't fit "my girls" were too big and I looked like a hussy (sorry but there is really no other word to describe how bad I looked in that shirt)  I tried on a third (yeah you may be wondering why I even continued to try them on at this point) and it was too tight.....ARGHHHHH  I yelled from the closet and Joel asked what was wrong - I simply yelled - nothing fits and then as I realized that trully nothing did fit - I began to sob!!!  (Gosh I thought I was over that stage of post pregnancy - I guess not!) 

I finally broke down and just went to my few remaining maternity things that fit me but don't make me look too frumpy - I wasn't pleased with my outfit but it at least covered my top, covered my pouch and wasn't skin tight so I guess it was a success by most people's standards - however it was a rough night for me as I realized - I have a long road to get back to a healthy body weight and closet of clothes that will actually fit me.  I just don't want to have to wear maternity clothes for the rest of my life, but I guess I should just be happy that I have clothing!  Oh the woahs of post pregnancy!  Tomorrow I will post of the joys of post pregnancy so come back and visit as I look at the joy of the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment