Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Anxiously Waiting

This week seems to be taking forever!!!  Or more like this month seems to be taking forever!  As much as I appreciate feeling much better than last trimester, and I appreciated not having to drive 45 minutes to the doctor every week, these last four weeks seem to be going very slow!!!

I am excited and anxious for Friday - not just because we can find out the gender (hoping the baby will cooperate!) but mostly because I want to hear that heartbeat!!!  There is nothing as soothing as that sound.  I am at that weird stage where I feel pretty good most of the time.  I have weird pains here and there (round ligament pains they call them - seriously just call the growing pains!).  In the last two weeks I have even started to feel movement....but that I think is part of the anxious issue for me... I feel it - then nothing (or nothing that I can determine for sure is movement) for days.  Then I feel something....hmmmm - just an FYI this is killing my type A personality!  I like to know that things are okay - I like to know that there is consistency of which in this case there is none.

I am guessing that as I get farther along and the baby starts moving on a daily basis - I won't have to wonder - I will know, but until then I must practice patience (which interestingly enough I talked about this morning in a chapel talk).  Praying for the next two days to go quickly, praying for the baby to keep giving me shimmers of hope by moving around...... I am sure that in a month or so I am going to wish that the baby would move less as I am trying to sleep at night, but until then - dance, baby dance!  I want to feel you move!!!

2 comments:

  1. I have been praying for you, Joel, and baby. I am glad to hear things are going well. Seems just like yesterday Maureen and I were going through this, and now they are 7, 5, and 2!

    ReplyDelete