Saturday, April 23, 2011

The Prayer that Two Shall Become One

To give you a little background on the title - I have noticed that over the past two months as I am getting bigger and the baby is growing, I actually have two bumps in my belly area.  The lower one is where the baby is growing and getting bigger day by day, the other bump is all the stuff that used to be in my lower belly, but had to move to make room for the baby.....  I don't think this phenomenon is an issue for thin people because when you look at their baby belly they are perfectly shaped.  However, I have never been one of those people, so therefore my current baby belly is anything but perfect.  In fact is is double!  I keep waking up and looking in the mirror hoping for a single belly....

The thing that makes it even more entertaining is that many people see my top belly and want to rub it thinking it is the baby - hahaha - it is just my stomach!  I was explaining this to all the youth group girls the other night, and now every time I see them they ask me - are your bellies one yet? 

Well my husband being the spiritual leader that he is  - has decided to put that into his prayer for the baby each night, so after we pray for the health of our baby - he prays and may her two bellies become one!  Gotta love my husband.  I know God has to be laughing as he listens to me..... I also know that several months from now when I start to get hugely uncomfortable - I will wish I could go back to my two bellies - but for now I will celebrate that I have a growing baby - that I felt flutter for the first time yesterday in church!


No comments:

Post a Comment