Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Test Results

So I have been a health teacher, educator, and most recently a presentor of the Sexy Truth - you would think I might know something about Pregnancy Tests - however I knew nothing. So about two weeks ago when my little friend was late, I thought maybe I should take a pregnancy test, I read all the direction and followed them exactly. The result was negative! So I waited, day after day, still no period...so after about a week of waiting I took another test....Negative (or so I thought), a positive test shows two lines a negative test shows one. Well this was one really dark and one really light so I thought - it must be negative again.

That day I went to Expectations Women's Center where I work and pulled aside the center director and mentioned my dilemma and she walked me into another room and showed me a chart that shows what positive readings look like..and there is was a picture that looked just like mine, or so I remembered so I got in my car and headed home just to go threw the trash (yes I went through the garbage to find it) there were two lines for sure...but I wanted to be sure so I was planning to take another test the next morning (since morning tests are the most accurate) however my partner in crime at the sexy Truth - peer pressured me into taking another test right then, so I did - it may have been the longest five minutes of anxiousness I have ever experienced.....what if I was wrong and had been excited, what if I was right and oh my then I am pregnant, oh my....five minutes past - test was positive, doctor was called and that is now history!

I laugh at it looking back but also feel like now I am so much more informed if we ever have other children.

These were the things that I noticed that were weird...I ate a whole jar of pickles in one setting, my chest hurt horribly, I felt crampy, I just thought I was getting my period....nope!

Joel's comment was - I was wondering if you were pregnant because you weren't nearly as moody as you usually are when you get your period! I guess it is good that he at least notices! The Fun Times Continue!

1 comment:

  1. I hope you took a picture of that test stick for your BABY scrapbook! ha!! I am so happy for you, Jana!! :)

    ReplyDelete