Monday, March 29, 2010

Game On


After talking about our current situation my husband and I thought that it would be a fun idea, as well as maybe beneficial to others in my situation to have a special blog for the upcoming 9 months, and maybe even longer if needed or desired.

Just a little background to help you fully understand our current situation, about four years ago after a surgery I was diagnosed with a blood clotting disorder called Factor Five Leiden (not sure how you spell that) - basically my blood clots too easily. My treatment basically has consisted of taking shots when I fly and wearing some killer fashion stockings called TEDs when I am in the car, other than that - it hasn't had too much of an impact on my day to day life.

On the other hand, my MS has changed my life drastically. I was diagnosed with that, three years ago this week. It seems like just yesterday. Each day when I struggle to get out of bed I am reminded that I need to be thankful for what I am able to do and not what I am limited by....I am not an athlete or wilderness girl like in the past, however I do now enjoy them from afar and my husband insists that he will take me camping (we will see about that one). I have learned that rest is my friend and stubbornness when it comes to my health will not get me far. Listening to my body is what I try to do (the key word there is try)!

So that is the me part or at least the very short version. It is also the glimpse of the MS part, so now for the fun, exciting, and scary part.....BABY!

We just found out on Thursday - we are expecting! The news is overwhelming, but exciting! The blogs to follow will be our story... it may be raw at times, it may be humorous, but it will always be truthful, and hopefully always point back to God's goodness in our lives, even during the hard times.

So we hope you will check back often for updates as we begin the adventure!

1 comment:

  1. Jana!! Congratulations. I will pray that you have nothing but joy in this pregnancy. Can't wait to hear all about it.

    ReplyDelete