Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Growing Pains

I have a new understanding of what Growing pains are.  I always thought they were pain that children experienced as their joints and skin and organs were growing.  Well let me just declare... there are also growing pains going on in my abdomen.  They tell you that as the baby grows it will stretch and pull your muscles and skin to make room for the growing child..... well my stomach is stretching in places that I didn't even know that muscles existed (okay I knew they were there, but they never really were worked out too much to say the least) until just recently.

They call them round ligament pains.  What a nice name - it sounds kinda happy "round ligaments" they should call it ab deconstruction....don't get me wrong I am not upset - I just think their term is a little misleading.  I am so thankful for our growing child and as it gets bigger and my muscle continue to stretch I will count it a joy that God is growing a miracle inside of me.

Any time I have pain - I am just a little bitter at Eve and her decision to sin in the garden - which led to the curse of a painful childbirth....however God does redeem it all by blessing you after the pain... I look forward to that blessing!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jana! You can ask your hubby who Liz (Messimer) is and I am sure he coudl tell you. I am a doula(www.laborsupportmom.com) and love your take on these round ligaments! They sure do hurt off and on. I hope they let go of you soon!

    You will find there are lots of aches and pains with pregnancy but they are sure worth it! I am actually pregnant with my 4th, yes I said 4th, child in July and this time around I have had to use heating pads off and on to soothe those round ligament pain.

    When you start feeling the baby kick it will make all this pain so much more worth it as you will feel the life inside you! I have been praying for you and this baby. I am so happy for you both!

    God Bless!!!!!

    ReplyDelete